Monday, August 8, 2011

Gluten-free livin'

My first attempt at a gluten-free birthday! My friend, Becky, was having a party for her 3 year old daughter and their entire family is gluten-free... So I had to do some reasearch to find a good recipe for red velvet, gluten-free, yummy cupcakes. The recipe I found turned out good, but the response was pretty good, super cute, but a little dry. Which, apparently is the case with most gluten-free baked goods (according to Becky). After doing some research, I've discovered that you can substitute sour cream or yogurt for some of the liquid to help make them more moist. I will be trying out that alteration soon, as her son will turn 1 in a couple of weeks!

Pretty flowers for a pretty girl.
Hope you had a great birthday, Tatum :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love cupcakes!! My mom has Celiacs and has been gluten free for 8 years now. She's found that she substitutes apple sauce for some of the liquid and oils to make her muffins and they turn out moist, a little crumbly yet because of the flour, but moist and yummy! I'm addicted to them.

    Thank you for following! I'm following you back....because, I really DO love cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete