Friday, August 26, 2011

Star Wars- take 2!

Today little Callan celebrated his 1st birthday! His mommy is one of my good friends and she and Callan's daddy have been planning a Star Wars party for a while now. After much deliberation, we finally decided to go with a couple fondant characters- Luke, Princess Leia, Yoda, R2D2, and Darth Vader; Chewbacca for Callan's smash cupcake; a few Star Wars stencils (provided by them) and the rest simply frosted.

I guess I'm pretty happy with how Darth came out, but he doesn't truly satisfy my perfectionist nature... I do really like Leia, I love both her and Luke's simple little faces!



Apparently Callan had a wonderful birthday and smashed away at his c'cake (as you can see)! I'm guessing that he liked it from how much is left on the tray. I just hope he didn't eat the wrapper...


Oh, by the way, did I mention that this was also take 2 on gluten free? These were so much more moist (the secret is in the sour cream, yes, I said sour cream) and they were even filled with cream cheese filling to top it all off... These were so good! I know I said that last time, but I guess I didn't know what I was talking about then. This time I REALLY mean it ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment